Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What to take to the bbq

We went to a bbq a few days ago and because it was potluck, I had the opportunity to cook for more than my usual one person.  


When I found out I should bring something, my mind was going a mile a minute trying to decide what to take.


I settled on some basic stuff, green beans (which to me are always good) and a Moroccan salad.


Then came the fun/fried part.  For desserts I battered some bananas in a cinnamon, sugar, flour mixture and fried them. 


The bananas came out warm and gooey inside and slightly crunchy on the outside.  Do try at home.


I was going to make regular samosas that day, but since I had some pineapple jam I had made, I decided to make sweet ones.  I stuffed them with sugary, goopy pineapple and fried them as well.  When you don't have an oven, I think the next best thing for desserts is frying.  


The pineapple jam was sweet and tasty in the samosas, but I think I like straight pineapple best.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. and pleased that you're practicing so hard to cook for me in the future :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I'll have to work on that. My next recipe as I prepare for a lifetime of service to EKim is "Poop Pies"

    ReplyDelete