Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chicken Satay, Ginger Carrots, and Sweet Potato Fries!

I've been cooking a lot of Thai inspired dishes.  Probably because I'm completely absorbed with this Thai food blog.  



I always like to have a veggie with my meal.  It just feels right.  So we had ginger carrots with some of the crystallized ginger that DERRICK made.


This isn't the most attractive photo of peanut sauce used in satay, but it is actually really delicious. 


I also made a sweet and sour dipping sauce to go with the suite potato fries.  Soooo good.   


The sweet potatoes were ginormous.  


But I sliced them up real good.  


Oh yeah, sweet potatoes are white in Uganda.  So is corn flour.  I have no idea why.


The light in our room sucks, but this is the final product.  Chicken lathered in peanut sauce.  Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment