Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Taloso workshop

I recently was helping out some friends who run a jewelry store and workshop (called Taloso) by taking photos for their website.  I had a great time playing photographer and Taloso is one of my favorite places to hang out.  This is why: 


Beading Stacey is pleased.  


My friend Ann runs Taloso, and she is a gifted jewelry maker.  


I brought some shells back from Zanzibar.  My mother would be so proud.  A few of them make a cameo in this basket.  



It sparkles.  These beads aren't really my style, but I like how they capture the light.  



For part of the shoot they decided to match necklaces with bags.  What do you think?


Lavender bomb!


These are paper beads.  For those of you that don't know, this is the style of jewelry I worked with throughout the fall when I was working with the women's cooperative Women of Kireka.  Paper bead necklaces are all over Kampala.


The camera loves these colors.  Me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment