Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Flatbreads and Bulgur

These aren't the best photos, but I usually make dinner after dark and I'm developing a strong dislike for the flash, so there you have it.

We don't have an oven and the quality of bread loaves in Uganda is not very impressive. But to satisfy my cravings I've started branching into flatbreads. I found a recipe from a food blog I like called eCurry. I liked it so much that since then I've been doing different variations of it.
Here I lathered the rolled dough with olive oil, salt, paprika, and turmeric. I can't wait to try this with garlic and fresh rosemary.

You then roll up the dough and twist it. I don't have a picture, but it's also explained in the original recipe from the eCurry. I just think it's really neat.

We've started eating bulgur. It's not necessarily popular here, but it's in the stores and it tastes really good when prepared in butter.

Twisting the dough and then rolling it out makes the bread really flaky and yummy when it's cooked.

1 comment: